Thursday, August 22, 2013

Preschool - Week 2

8-20-13 (day 2)

Jillian was excited and ready to go back to her Preschool today.  So glad she has taken to this so quickly and likes it!  I cannot imagine getting her to go if she didn't like it.  Daddy said she was good to go again until it was time for her to go in the classroom and for him to leave.  She told daddy "I'm a little scared." and started to cry a bit.  Since we didn't get any calls she apparently didn't make too much of a fuss.

She did tell me that she didn't go to play in the music room today.  Instead they went to the gym area and played in some sand.  That is about all the details I got out of her for her morning.  She did bring home a picture that she tells us is of a person.  It is a couple circles and squares glued to a piece of paper.  Abstract art is her thing ;).  Yes I know she is only 3!  She did also tell me that she learned something, but wasn't real specific on those details.

Enjoying licking the icing spoon 
8-22-13 (day 3)

Daddy just reported that Jillian went into her classroom willing with NO tears!  I have been so impressed with how quickly she has adjusted and really seems to like going to Preschool.

We drove by yesterday and she was sure to point out that we were going past HER preschool! :)

Mommy got to pick Jillian up today.  Found her sitting patiently waiting with her class just inside the school doors.  She of course had to pull out her art for the day to show me :).  Also she reported "I didn't cry today!"  We are so proud of our big girl.

They must have talked about dental care today.  Jillian was telling me that when you teeth get really dirty the dentist has to clean them.  Also that eating dinner will make your teeth dirty.  She has been to the dentist once with me and wouldn't allow them to clean her teeth.  We are going to try again the next time I go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment