Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week 35 Day 5 (almost 36 weeks)

Had a check up today for baby boy.  He is head down as they want him to be at this point.  I was assuming as much based on were I get kicked all the time!!  They were able to double confirm his position by finding his heart below my belly button.  His heart beat was nice and loud when directly over it and came in at 140 beats per minute.  

They also did a check for dilation and thinning.  At this point we are at 1 cm dilated, but not thinned out yet.  The doctor advised this is perfectly fine for this time in the pregnancy.  Also due to these findings he didn't expect the baby to be born any time soon (well relatively speaking)..  We have just over 4 weeks until his due date!

Last night I experienced the worst Charley horse I think I have ever had! I am glad that I haven't had many of those and really hope it doesn't happen again!  I was trying to stretch out my leg and the muscle spasm was so strong it was forcing my toe pointed if I tried to straighten mt leg.  After physically holding up my toes and finally getting to my feet to stretch it out good it subsided.  Of course after that I had trouble going back to sleep as I was afraid it would return if I let my foot go un flexed.  I finally took some Tylenol and put an ice pack on my calf muscle and got a little more sleep.  Man my leg is tender today.  I'm trying hard not to limp too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment