Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Bringing Home baby

Settling into her bis sister role.  She loves him :)

Ready to go home. Finally!

My mom brought us home only because Rick had to go to work.

Heading home with my two kids!
Day 2 (10-15-14)

Grandma and Grandpa Morphew came over at 1 to meet Ryan.  Big sister Jillian had stayed the night with meemaw and papa and couldn't wait to get back to the hospital too see her baby brother.  That first day she was very possessive of him and only "allowed"people to hold him for a limited time frame. 

Throughout the day they kept a close eye on Ryan's heart rate.  His resting rate was always in the 90's and usually a new born has a rate closer to 120.  After about 24 hours it came up to just over 100.  It was within an acceptable range just on the low end.  The nurse called Dr Iorio about him and she gave him the all clear.  He never left my room for a nursery stay.  They just checked his vitals every 4 hours instead of 8. 

Day 3 (10-16-14)

Jillian arrived at the hospital at the beginning of visiting hours once again.  She was so excited and she wanted to stay with us.  We made sure it was OK with the nurse that she stayed even after my mom left and she said that was fine.  Ryan got cleared to be released before lunch.  The doctor checking patients for the day was busy with procedures and laboring moms so we ended up waiting around all day for me to get my official clearance to go home.  Rick was at the hospital with us until about 3 when he needed to leave for his visit.  It was still over another hour before the doctor came to clear me.  My mom came back so I didn't have to mange both kids by myself in the hospital room. 

Once I was cleared for discharge I called my nurse.  It took another hour or so or her to have time to get us discharged.  As she was giving Ryan one last look over she was asking if he had wet his diaper.  He still hadn't that day.  As she took off his diaper.... well he let her have it and peed all over her hand, his clothes, his blankets, and the baby bassinet.  At the same time Grandma and Grandpa came over for a quick visit.  They were able to hold Ryan while I finished my discharge paperwork. 

Finally home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment